There is increasing research to suggest that it’s the sugar rather than fat in our diets that is the major contributing factor to our obesity epidemic. The recommended amount from WHO that sugar should only be 5% of our daily calorie intake. Health Promotion Board guidelines to be no more than 7 to 11 teaspoon a day. However, our intake has over exceed these amounts!
This workshop aims to unravel the sweet, sweet lies that are commonly hidden in food products. Find out more about the types of sugar and receive useful information to cut down the hidden sugars that was sneaking into your diet!
- Types of sugars that are found in food
- What are the common causes of diabetes
- How to read the labels and discover hidden sugars
- Tips to reduce eating excessive amounts of sugar when eating out and grocery shopping
- Using natural sugars as alternatives
- Make your own sweetened drink and fruit sugar