Are you taking in too much responsibility and not being aware of it? Are you feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Many of us struggle with stress on a daily basis. Relationship issues, physical illness, work, as well as financial concerns are some common stressors that can burden a person. While some stress is normal and even positive, excessive levels of stress can negatively one’s physical, social and emotional well-being. Learning how to cope with stress is thus a crucial part of our daily life. How then, can we develop these important coping skills?
This experiential session aims to increase self-awareness and introduce participants to practical stress management and self -care strategies manage stress and cope effectively. The following areas will be discussed:
- What is stress? Is stress always a bad thing?
- What are the sources of my stress?
- How can I recognize the symptoms of stress?
- What are some practical strategies to cope with stress effectively?
– Understanding the power of our thoughts
– Identifying cognitive distortions
– Reflecting on your emotional container
– Using creative arts activities to calm our mind and stimulate creativity
- Why is self-care important?