|Emotional Intelligence (EI), a set of skills that help us perceive, understand and manage emotion, is a strong predictor of the level of success one can achieve in life. Studies have shown that an individual’s EI, instead of IQ, is a better indicator of success, mental and physical wellness, attainment of personal goals, as well as overall happiness.
In addition, individuals with high EI are able to build stronger relationships with others, especially in the workplace, which is characterized by mutual respect, team work and open communication among the staff. They will be able to demonstrate empathy towards their coworkers’ concerns, manage workplace conflicts, build trust and foster rapport with others. In addition, they are also more likely to remain resilient in the face of adversity.
This workshop aims to help professionals develop the skills of emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, empathy, and emotional management.
The following topics will be discussed:
• What is emotional intelligence?
• Benefits of emotional intelligence
• Dimensions of emotional intelligence
• Understanding my own emotions
• Relationship between thoughts, emotions and behaviours
• Strategies to manage difficult emotions
• Role of empathy and trust in relationships
• How to develop and show empathy