Emotional Intelligence and Social Skills: Communication Works! Developing Skills to Build Bridges and Relationships
EmpathyWorks Psychological Wellness
The ability to communicate effectively with others is crucial for personal and workplace success.
Communication is known as the basis of every interpersonal relationship, and plays a pivotal role in developing healthy and long lasting relationships, which is an important factor in one’s mental wellbeing. Good communication skills can help one to get hired, land promotions and be a success throughout one’s career. On the contrary, if individuals at the workplace do not communicate with each other effectively, misunderstandings and other problems may arise.
How then, can we enhance our communication skills? This workshop aims to equip participants with basic practical communication skills through discussions and role-plays.
The following will be discussed:
- What is communication
- Importance of good communication in building positive relationships
- Impact of positive relationships on mental health
- Building rapport through nonverbal communication
- Effective attending and questioning skills
- How to be an active listener
- Importance of empathy in communication